The primary purpose of the Catchment Advisor is to Whakatipungia Ngaa Rauru Kiitahitanga by promoting sustainable land management practices and initiatives within the Waitootara Catchment Area.
This role will require you to use a wide range of practical skills and your knowledge of land management. You will need to be people focussed and enjoy sharing your knowledge of matauranga maori with rural landholders, helping to grow existing catchment groups and develop new ones in our rohe.
The role may require you to engage in activities that extend you and we will support you with opportunities for individual professional development. You will join a diverse and enthusiastic team who is committed to improving the outcomes of our freshwater and te taiao.
As a small business, we require staff to be team players, multi-functional, and to pitch in and help as and when required. Our goal is to ensure the Puutaiao team is recognised as being the “kaitiaki” in our rohe – to do this we must operate in an efficient, effective, professional manner with have high cultural competency.
The ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
- A relevant tertiary qualification desirable but not essential
- At least three years post qualification experience in sustainable land management
- Understanding of Te Ao Maaori and understanding of Ngaa Raurutanga and commitment to its revitalisation
- An understanding of farming systems and rural issues
- Competent in Microsoft office, particularly excel
- Experience with ArcGIS
- Experience working with Maaori or community organisations
- Experience prioritising and managing workflows
For any enquiries about the role, please contact Fiona Shaw (Puutaiao Manager) on 027 500 1101.