Corporate Services Lead
Closing date: 5pm, 31st March 2023
The primary purpose of the Corporate Services Lead is to Whakatipungia Ngaa Rauru Kiitahitanga by enhancing the operational functionality of Te Kaahui o Rauru (TKOR) so as to enable Totara Hoe to become a world class indigenous operating model in place to grow iwi potential and support marae development.
A pivotal role in the senior leadership team, the Corporate Services Lead will oversee TKOR’s on-going operations and its core systems and processes, being responsible for the efficiency of a wide breadth of activities (i.e., all finance, human resources, communication, quality and improvements, property/maintenance and health and safety operations providing high quality support, reports, invoicing and budgeting). The Corporate Services Lead plays a critical role in supporting the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), to allow them to focus on strategic leadership.
The Corporate Services Lead also ensures that administrative procedures are robust in providing high quality advice, assistance, and information to all key stakeholders, including the CEO and TKOR governance. The role includes implementation and management of quality office systems and development and management of sound administrative practices as agreed with the CEO. Of particular importance, will be ensuring the subsidiary entities receive the required level of service from internal or other third-party providers to meet the needs of the organisation, and its members, moving forward.
This position will require discretion, diplomacy, strategic planning skills, and sound judgement.
As a small business, we require staff to be team players, multi-functional, and to pitch in and help as an when required. Our goal is to ensure TKOR operates in an efficient, effective, professional manner, and can operate at full capacity across all businesses.
You will have a relevant level 7 tertiary qualification in Business or Management studies or similar experience to an equivalent level e.g. Bachelor of Business majoring in Accounting. A minimum of 5 years’ experience and success in leading and managing people. You will be a confident communicator with proven oral and written communication skills, being able to effectively engage across relevant areas of the Corporate Services portfolio.
The ideal applicant will possess:
- Proven managerial experience of a highly technical senior team or across a number of sectors or a range of organisations (e.g. managing multiple functions within a Corporate/Shared Services function). Familiar with various business functions e.g., finance, HR, communication etc
- A proven working knowledge of the different areas of Corporate Services, with the ability to oversee all relevant work whether research, development, and execution of the strategies to deliver the respective functional outcomes
- High financial acumen and ability to analyse financial (including investment) reports
- Directly applicable experience in successfully working / engaging with the community, key stakeholder and public interest groups.
- Working knowledge of government processes, familiarity with legislation, regulations, and policy development.
- Ability to develop and write robust and comprehensive policy and procedural documents across relevant areas of the Corporate Services portfolio (e.g. risk, finance, legal, HR).
- Experience with developing and maintaining effective relationships to create long term, positive partnerships with key stakeholders and strategic partners (e.g. Government, Private Sector, Tribal – Members/Marae/ Hapuu, Community and Non- Government Organisations, Third party subject matter experts like Lawyers, Accountants, etc.).
- Analytical mindset and problem-solving orientation
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, communication and negotiation
- Strong tribal knowledge and understanding. A knowledge and understanding of Te Ao Maaori and understanding and commitment to the revitalisation of Ngaa Raurutanga