Kii Tahi Nursery Assistant
Closing date: 5pm, 2nd June 2023
Kii Tahi Nursery & Land Care is a wholly owned and operated company of Ngaa Rauru Kiitahi Iwi. Kii Tahi was established in 2001 under a Local Level Solutions programme run by Te Puni Kookiri. Kii Tahi is situated on Wai-o-Turi Marae land in Paatea. Kii Tahi provides services across our rohe through contracts for riparian plant production and landcare services. 11,000 plants were delivered in 2021 - 2022 with an increase in planting jobs taken on over the winter months.
The role of Kii Tahi Nursery Assistant is to Whakatipungia Ngaa Rauru Kiitahitanga by supporting Nursery Management in the day-to-day operations of the nursery to meet contractual and other commitments to external parties, production targets, meeting customer requirements and ensuring quality work is delivered to high standards and achieved in line with standard operating procedures.
As a small business, we require staff to be team players, multi-functional, and to pitch in and help as and when required.
Ideally you will have a horticulture qualification, a Growsafe Approved Handler and First Aid certificates. The ideal candidate will have experience in the native plant nursery industry including knowledge of native plant, identification, propagation, and production systems. Ideal but not necessary as on the job training will be provided if required. However, due to the nature of the work, you would need to be physically fit and able to conduct the day to day mahi.
The ideal applicant will possess:
- The ability to work unsupervised, action tasks and process activities with efficiency
- Must be able to listen and follow instructions
- Strong time management skills
- Focused and results orientated, willing to do what needs to be done when the pressure is on. Takes control and enjoys challenges.
- A highly self-motivated person
- Adaptability to all types of situations
- Physically fit and strong enough to walk the land, lift 20kg and stand for long periods of time
- Full, clean drivers’ licence – able to drive a manual vehicle